Dr. Robert Sunstein
San Diego Orthodontist
San Diego, CA Locations
La Jolla - (858) 459-3353
Carmel Valley - (858) 755-1551
About Orthodontic Braces
- A thin metal wire connecting each bracket puts pressure on teeth in order to help
guide them into place.
The wire exerts a gentle force somewhat springy force so that the brackets remain in place when Dr. Sunstein ties in the arch wire.
Wires usually do not need to be changed at every visit, and with the wide assortment of wires currently available,
Dr. Sunstein may only need to use from three to five different sets of wires during your entire treatment.
- Brackets are the tools that hold the upper and lower arch wire and are classified in terms of size as ultramini, mini, and large.
Each bracket is attached to a tooth (either by banding or bonding) and holds the wire that is then secured to it with elastic bands.
- single rubber color that is put around a bracket in order to keep the wire in place.
- Elastic and stretchable series of connected o-rings that are
placed around brackets in order to help secure archwires in place.
- hook, attached to a bracket or braces, that serves as an attachment point for rubber bands or elastics.
- used to cinch down the wire on a bracket and provide an extra secure hold.
- A metal ring that may be cemented to a tooth for strength and anchoring braces.
When orthodontic bands are required, they are most often placed on the back teeth or molars providing
a stable foundation for braces. Brackets and wires can be attached directly to orthodontic bands once
they are in place.
- to help keep spaces closed between teeth, this is a thin metal wire that is criss-crossed around the brackets
and beneath the archwire.
More information about braces, terms and meanings coming soon...
We have been voted the among the best in La Jolla, San Diego and Carmel Valley 5 years in a row.
Thank you for all of your support.
You will be the only one who knows
Wired for success
Let your smile show through!
Results that last a lifetime
Relaxing and beautiful surroundings
All about braces, information on orthodontic braces and their parts and components with photos and pics for Rancho Santa Fe, Carmel Valley 92130, Solana Beach, Del Mar, Fairbanks Ranch,
Encinitas, El Camino Real, Convenient for all areas of San Diego including:
Carmel Valley, Del Mar,
, Rancho Santa Fe,
Solana Beach, Encinitas, El Camino Real, Village of La Jolla,
Cardiff, Rancho Penasquitos,
Black Mountain Ranch, Solana Beach Orthodontist, Torrey Hills, Sorrento Valley,
UCSD, Encinitas, University City, UTC, Mira Mesa, Pacific Beach, Sorrento Mesa, Mira Mesa, La Jolla, CA 92037
Specialist in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
© 2016 Dr. Robert A. Sunstein.
Zip Codes: 92014, 92075, 92091, 92057, 92007,
92067, 92130, 92037, 92121, 92122, 92117, 92109
7575 Eads Avenue Suite #101
La Jolla, CA 92037
12395 El Camino Real Suite #309
San Diego, CA 92130